Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Celebrate!

Sometimes when we embark on a journey to better health, we go overboard.  Often it makes people judgmental.  Have you ever met that person who looks down on you for not buying organic, or not making it to the gym?  Who cares if you have company visiting, and your car just died, your kid is sick and wants attention?  Don't you realize what you are doing to your health?  To your family??!!  OK, maybe I am the only one who has ever met that person...

It is not my job to judge others.  I was raised in a rather judgmental environment, and I continued that mentality for much of my life.  However, through bad choices of my own, I developed empathy for those who struggle (and we all struggle with something).  I have also learned that it is not my place to judge:
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.  Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you."
Social health includes having healthy relationships with others.  When we judge others, we are not promoting positive social health.

Sometimes, social health may involve letting go of the "black and white" thinking that often goes along with beliefs regarding physical health.  Today is my husband's birthday.  We chose to celebrate him today, and I helped my little one make the cake that she decided that he wanted.  (What Daddy doesn't want a pink and purple cake?)

An entire container of sprinkles may have been used in the making of this cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment