Friday, August 15, 2014

The Best Meal Plan Is…

                The one that works for you!  When I say “works,” I am referring to a long-term success, not just short-term.  Anything can “work” for as long as you are willing to work it.  What happens when you get tired of following your plan?  Last week my husband and I started a meal plan that had 5 small meals per day.  On the fourth day I was already exhausted.  We actually only ate all 5 meals on 1 or 2 days.  Most days we ran out of day before we were able to fit in a fifth meal.  One day I was too tired to cook meal #5, and my husband was at work, so I recycled a breakfast meal that required minimal preparation.


                Your plan for success might require some trial and error.  Find a plan that works for you.  Include smoothies and healthy bars into your meal plan to ease your meal prep schedule.  The only plan that will work is one that you can sustain for a life time!

                If you are still struggling with meal planning, there are tons of resources available on the internet, like here, here, here, or here (there are many more - just go meal plan surfing!).  Remember to keep things easy on yourself – small steps toward healthy changes.  Get into the habit of planning your meals first, and then you can gradually incorporate healthier choices!


No comments:

Post a Comment